Localgiving has once again partnered with the Postcode Community Trust to offer grants of £500 to small charities and community groups across the UK through its Magic Little Grants Fund.
Grants will be awarded to projects that meet either of the following themes:
- Overcoming barriers to participation in physical activities in creative ways
- Increasing social cohesion through developing access to sports and other recreational activities
Grants can be used to support the general running costs of new and existing sports and physical activities. For example, this could include:
- Facilities hire
- Kit & equipment
- Coaching qualifications
- Other volunteer expenses
The fund is open to Localgiving registered charitable organisations operating within Great Britain (excluding Northern Ireland) that are running or planning to run a project that will encourage people to engage in some form of physical activity to help to improve their physical and mental health and well-being.
Organisations that are not already a member of Localgiving are required to complete the Localgiving registration process before completing the application. Those awarded a grant will also receive an annual Local Giving membership worth £96.
The following criteria apply::
- Organisations must either be in their first year of operation or have an annual income under £250,000.
- Preference will be given to projects that encourage social cohesion and help vulnerable people to overcome barriers to participation in physical activities.
- Funding can be used to launch new projects, support existing ones, or cover core costs associated with ongoing work
The application process is open until the 30th November 2019.
Previous grantees included:
- The 2000 Club, a disability focused sports group in Heston
- London Exercise Group for Stroke (LEGS)