The OneFamily Foundation has announced the next round of Community Grants will re-open for applications on the 29th October 2019. Through the Community Grants Programme OneFamily customers can nominate local groups, charities and good causes for a Community Award of £5,000.
The grants can be used towards:
- A project aiming to teach members of the community vital skills such as First Aid or lifesaving, improve fitness levels, reduce isolation and loneliness etc.
- To purchase items for community use, such as play equipment, sports equipment, safety equipment, furniture items for communal spaces, learning resources, defibrillators etc.
- Funding towards the cost of running a charity/cause such as homeless charities, soup kitchens, befriending services, support groups, advice services and hospices.
- To pay for equipment or building alterations for disabled users, specialist software to help the visually impaired or those with additional learning needs, essential community building repairs, to improve local facilities etc.
- To set up a new club/group/class to provide a service or support to the community. This could include venue hire, paying for a specialist group leader and purchasing equipment/resources.
- To revamp/restore public areas such as playgrounds, playing fields, woodland areas, community gardens etc.
- To contribute towards the costs of running a community event.
- To provide access to provisions that will improve wellbeing, such as a hydrotherapy pool, outdoor gym equipment or learning resources.
Nominations are checked to make sure they meet the Foundation’s terms and conditions, and all eligible nominations will be entered into a computerised draw.
Nominations will close on the 5th November 2019.
In addition, the Foundation makes Personal Grants and Young Person's Education grants of up to £500 to meet individual needs.