Registered, excepted or exempt charities based within any of the four jurisdictions of the UK can apply for programme or project funding or for unrestricted or core support for work which will contribute to the ongoing transformation of the Northern Ireland conflict.
The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust (JRCT) aims to fund work delivered by organisations, individuals and charities and grants range from a few hundred pounds to £100,000+ and may be single payments or spread over up to three years.
JRCT is interested in funding work which:
- Addresses the root causes of violence and injustice, rather than alleviating symptoms
- Cannot be funded from other sources
- Is likely to make a long-term, strategic difference.
Funded projects will address the following priority areas:
- Strengthening human rights and equality
- Supporting inclusive, non-sectarian and participatory politics
- Supporting processes of demilitarisation
- Dealing with the past i.e. work that promotes a shared understanding of the root causes of past violence, or which encourages government to implement initiatives to address the legacy of violence at a societal level.
The Trust is particularly interested in receiving applications related to women’s participation in all of these areas.
In addition to applications from Northern Ireland, it is open to receiving applications from Britain and the Republic of Ireland for work related to the above areas, and for work with an all-Ireland focus. Registered, excepted or exempt charities based within any of the four jurisdictions of the UK can apply for programme or project funding or for unrestricted or core support. Further details on eligibility can be found here.
Local work will be supported only where it is likely to have a wider impact, for example, if it is testing a model which can then be replicated, or is addressing a local issue that has wider social or political implications.
To apply, organisations need to register with the Trust's grants management system. The deadline to register is the 5th March 2021 and the deadline to apply is 5pm on the 22nd March 2021.
For any queries contact the office on 01904 627810 or firstname.lastname@example.org