The Fashion and Textile Children’s Trust are providing grants for parents or carers working for retailer NEXT who are experiencing financial difficulty or are facing an unexpected change in circumstances such as:
- Have been made redundant
- The employer has reduced your contracted hours of work
- Caring for a child with ill health or additional needs
- Have recently suffered a relationship breakdown, separation or divorce
- Are signed off work sick or have a long-term illness
- Are facing homelessness or have recently had to move home
- Are a kinship carer
- Have suffered the bereavement of a close family member
- Aa parent or carer of a child (aged 0-18 years)
- AND have been working for NEXT for at least one year
- OR previously worked at NEXT for at least one year within the last nine years
Funding is available for items which are essential for children’s health and wellbeing such as:
- Essential clothing, e.g. seasonal clothing and school uniform and PE kit
- Baby essentials, e.g. clothing or equipment
- Children's bedroom furniture, e.g. beds, bedding, clothes storage furniture (chest of drawers)
- Essential White Goods, e.g. replacing a broken appliance such as fridge/freezer, washing machine, cooker/oven.
- Specialist items for children with additional needs, e.g. sensory toys, adaptive clothing or SEN adapted computers
All items will be considered at the discretion of the grants team.
To apply for funding an online enquiry form must be completed.