The Postcode Community Trust has re-opened for applications. The Trust was established in 2014 to support marginalised groups in obtaining the skills and resources to make positive changes within their own communities.
Grants of £500 - £20,000 are available to registered charities for projects that benefit communities through:
- Increasing participation in arts & physical recreation
- Improving community health & wellbeing
- Reducing isolation
Other voluntary organisations e.g. sports groups, community interest companies and social enterprises can apply for up to £2,000.
Previous projects supported include:
- Bierley Community Association - received funding to purchase a community minibus to help them reach isolated older people, disengaged young people and families.
- Movement for All - a community dance group for people aged 60+ in Brinsley Notts, Nottingham, were awarded funding for their 'Dancing Together' project in 2017.
- Skipton Extended Learning for All (SELFA) - an inclusive holiday club for primary-aged children was awarded funding to enable them to team up with the Skipton International Puppet Festival in September 2017.
The closing date for submitting applications is the 19th August 2020.