Public Health Suffolk in conjunction with Suffolk Community Foundation are offering the opportunity to apply for grants to support projects that address the 10-point sugar reduction plan especially points 9 & 10 i.e. to:
- Work with early years services to promote healthier food and drink choices, from the point where solid foods are introduced
- Engage with children and young people to develop their own sugar reduction campaigns and initiatives.
The funder is very open to interpretation of meeting the sugar reduction plan and encourages young people to be creative. Projects supported will:
- Be child or young person led
- Show sustainability
- Target young people are aged between the ages of 5 – 18
- Use alternative methods to promote their work
Grants of up to £1,000 are available with a maximum of 10% to be spent on capital equipment. In addition, Onelife Suffolk are available to run assemblies and/or short workshops to help identify the ways of reducing sugar intake and to help kick start projects.
The funding is specifically targeted at PTAs or Friends of Schools/PRUs, or community group such as Brownies, Scouts and youth projects.
Apply at any time to this rolling programme.