The Paul Hamlyn Foundation has announced that the Teacher Development Fund (TDF) will re-open for applications in September 2022.
Through the TDF, primary schools working in partnership with other primary schools as well as arts / cultural organisations can apply for grants of up to £150,000 to develop the necessary skills, knowledge and confidence to support the delivery of effective arts-based teaching and learning opportunities in the classroom, and to embed learning through the arts in the curriculum.
Lead applicants may therefore be:
- Charities, community organisations, social enterprises and not-for-profits companies active in the arts
- Primary schools and academies operating in the state sector.
Applications should focus on:
- Primary schools
- Supporting children and young people experiencing systemic inequity and disadvantage
- Approaches which involve learning through the arts
- Projects which take an anti-racist and intersectional approach across all areas of work
- Long-term, inquiry-based projects which support teachers’ professional development and learning
- Promoting effective and equitable partnerships between schools and arts/cultural organisations and artist practitioners
- The contributions of school leaders and artist practitioners as both professional learners and as supporters of embedding learning through the arts in the curriculum
- Approaches which involve any of the following art forms: crafts; creative writing, including poetry; dance; design; film; music; opera; photography; digital arts and media; theatre and drama; the visual arts; and cross-arts practices.
- Projects that build on emerging approaches to blended CPDL and include one of more elements of online delivery
The Fund has one deadline per year. Each year the Foundation expect to make around six grants of up to £150,000 to partnerships of arts/cultural organisations and five to ten schools, who will work together for two academic years.
Potential applicants are advised to read the fund guidelines and FAQs and to explore the films, blogs and links to further reading.
Potential applicants who would like to register their interest and be added to a contact list to receive updates about the fund reopening, please email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on the 22nd November 2022.