The latest round of the East Midlands Airport Community Fund is open to applications from communities around East Midlands airport. Charities, community groups and other not-for-profit organisations can apply for grants of up to £2,000 for projects that have a long-lasting community, social or environmental benefit.
In order for an application to be successful, it must meet at least one of the following objectives:
- provide help to community groups which are supporting vulnerable people during the Covid-19 outbreak;
- bring the community closer together through facilities for sport, recreation and other leisure-time activities;
- support young people to prepare for employment;
- offer environmental improvement and/or heritage conservation;
- improve awareness of environmental issues;
- and encourage and/or protect wildlife.
The next closing date for applications is the 21st June 2021.