In response to the coronavirus crisis, the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust is making at least £5 million available in funding for its second phase of support.
The Trust has agreed that during May to December 2020 the funding should be used for a range of purposes:
- Stabilise: contribute to the ability of the organisations, communities and sectors we currently support to survive crises related to the challenges of Covid-19, so that you can continue to make a difference
- Sustain: contribute to the capacity of current grantees to adapt to the current context, by increasing their financial security, funding unforeseen costs related to adjusting existing programming or adding a new element to their work
- Challenge: contribute to the costs of new initiatives which seek to challenge or influence responses to and narratives about the crisis through the lenses of rights, peace, climate justice or accountability
- Envision: contribute to the costs of new initiatives which build support for systemic change in a post-Covid society, in line with our work themes and values.
New funding opportunities will include:
- emergency grants for current grantees who are facing immediate financial crisis. Criteria for applying these awards is available on request.
- 12-month grant extensions for current grantees with ongoing projects. Your Grants Officer will contact you in late May if you are eligible for a grant extension.
- grant increases to enable current grantees to meet costs associated with adapting activities in order to sustain work. Please contact your Grants Officer if you would like to request an increase of this sort.
- a Covid-19 Initiatives Fund will be launched over the summer which is open to grantees and non-grantees to support new initiatives which build support for systemic change. Full details will be published on the website.
Which opportunities can you access?
- If you are a current grantee, contact your Grants Officer
- If you are not currently a grantee, keep an eye on the website and Twitter account for information about the launch of new funding opportunities.