Communities around East Midlands airport can apply for grants of up to £2,000 for projects that have a long-lasting community, social or environmental benefit. The funding is being made available through the East Midlands Airport Community Fund, which was established in April 2002 and since then over £920,000 has been awarded to over 1,180 projects, to bring lasting benefit to the communities around the airport.
In order for an application to be successful it must meet at least one of the following objectives:
- Bring the community closer together through facilities for sport, recreation and other leisure-time activities;
- Support young people to prepare for the world of work and make work an inspiring choice;
- Offer environmental improvement and/or heritage conservation;
- Improve awareness of environmental issues through environmental education;
- Encourage and/or protect wildlife.
There are several closing dates throughout the year and the next closing date for applications is the 4th March 2020.