Emerging and professional musicians of all genres and disciplines can apply for grants of £500 -£1500 to help them access opportunities that will allow them to focus on developing their artistic and professional development at a crucial point in their career.
The funding which is being made available through the Help Musicians UK Transmission Fund is designed to help emerging and professional musicians of all genres and disciplines to build their careers by supporting the costs of formal and time limited training and mentoring opportunities. Eligible artists may for example be a solo instrumentalist, composer, vocalist, singer songwriter or a multidisciplinary artist. Bands or ensembles with 6 members or less can also be supported.
All artists supported must have an active career and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Exceptional ability within their discipline
- High quality musical output
- Regularly working (performances, commissions, releases) at a professional level (getting paid for your work)
- Achievement or the potential to achieve a national or international impact
- An impressive track record
- An entrepreneurial spirit and dedication toward their career
Group applicants must have 50% of their members meeting the criteria shown above and have been established and playing together regularly for at least 1 year.
Grants of £500 - £1500 are available and can support opportunities such as short courses, workshops, training and time limited periods of coaching with an expert in the artists chosen field both in the UK or internationally. Travel, accommodation and access costs can also be funded.
Eligible applicants will be:
- Aged over 18
- Based primarily in the UK and be eligible to work here
- Have been resident in the UK for at least 3 consecutive years
- In financial need and without significant backing
The next closing date is the 2nd March 2020.