Funding of up to £1 million is available for an organisation or partnership to support those working with heritage to develop their enterprise skills. The funding will be used to deliver a UK-wide programme of training and development to support heritage organisations in developing their enterprise and social entrepreneurship skills.
This funding is being made available through the National Lottery Heritage Fund and is part of a total £3m investment which also includes funding for business support programmes across the UK. The National Lottery Heritage Fund aims to fund one skills development programme that will work across the UK, for a minimum of 40-60 organisations (80-120 individuals).
Applications will be accepted from not for profit organisations or partnerships led by a not-for-profit organisation.
Organisations or partnerships looking to apply should also meet the following criteria:
- demonstrable track record in delivering creative and successful enterprise development programmes with organisations with some similar characteristics to heritage SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises), eg community businesses, others with trading activities including retail, venue hire, licensing etc
- capacity to support organisations and cohorts UK-wide
- demonstrable commitment to learning and evaluation
- demonstrable commitment to diversity and inclusion
- operational and financial capacity to deliver a programme at this scale
The deadline for Expressions of Interest is noon on the 13th January 2020. Applicants successful at this stage will have until noon on the 20th February 2020 to submit a full applications. Applicants will be notified by 28 March 2020.
For any funding related questions email firstname.lastname@example.org