Grants of up to £5,000 are available to support the development of palliative care across Africa and in particular to items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services. The funding is being made available through the True Colour Trust Small Grants programme for Africa and priority is given to equipment for patients
- Palliative care for children and young people
- Palliative care medicines
- Capital improvement costs
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa
All funding decisions are made by the Trustees of the True Colours Trust, who meet twice a year to review applications. Applications and approved grants are administered by the African Palliative Care Association. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, although the Trustees are willing to consider funding for core costs.