The National Deaf Children’s Society is inviting proposals for new projects that will help further improve early years support for deaf children and their families across the UK.
Grants of between £25,000 to £50,000 are available through the Early Years Research Challenge Fund for initiatives, particularly those that:
- test an intervention to evidence an area of existing good practice
- develop strategies and resources parents need to build communication and language skills with deaf children at home
- improve information and practice sharing between practitioners, educators and families
- support teachers and practitioners to develop their skills and expertise with deaf children
- are co-produced with families
- focus on effective support for deaf children aged 0 to 2 and their families.
Anyone can apply for funding including researchers, practitioners, educators and parents. Collaborations are welcome.
For any questions or to informally discuss ideas before submitting an application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for proposals is the 18th November 2022.