The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Sustainability and Transformation Partnership has established a Suicide Prevention Innovation Fund to support community-based initiatives and activities that help to prevent suicides and reduce self-harm across Hampshire and the IoW.
Small voluntary and community groups, social enterprises, religious groups, ‘Friends of’ (or similar) groups, PTA groups and student groups can apply for grants of up to £10,000.
Projects should aim to reduce the number of suicides in high risk and under-represented groups including:
- men (particularly those aged 35-54)
- people who use mental health services
- people who have self-harmed.
Projects should seek to improve support and awareness across the community whilst aiming to alleviate the current and anticipated impact of the COVID-19 crisis.
Applications for the Fund will only be considered towards projects and activities that significantly meet programme principles. These are:
- Sustainability: beyond the initial guaranteed period of funding
- Added value
- Early intervention and prevention
- Evidence based (or to inform the evidence base)
Examples of what can be funded:
- Venue hire for regular meetings or events
- Materials for use in your project
- Publicity materials, including digital publicity
- Transport costs within the city for groups of members/attendees who have limited mobility
- Volunteer expenses
- Sports equipment
- Play equipment, including bouncy castles
- Health and wellbeing activities
- Employment and training activities
- Basic IT equipment
- Fees for services - like crèche facilities, guest speakers, artists, entertainers, etc., excluding professional fees
- AGM costs (including tea/coffee but excluding food)
- Activities where participants pay a contribution towards the cost of the project or sessions.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on the 20th September 2020.