Communities affected by the operation of East Midlands airport can apply for grants of up to £2,000 for projects that have a long-lasting community, social or environmental benefit.
The funding is being made available through the East Midlands Airport Community Fund. In order for an application to be successful, it must meet at least one of the following objectives:
- provide help to community groups which are supporting vulnerable people during the Covid-19 outbreak;
- bring the community closer together through facilities for sport, recreation and other leisure-time activities;
- support young people to prepare for employment;
- offer environmental improvement and/or heritage conservation;
- improve awareness of environmental issues; and encourage and/or protect wildlife.
The next closing date for applications is the 22nd March 2021.
To apply, applicants need to complete the EMA Community Fund Application Form and send this to email@example.com along with the required supporting information. Please note that only applications received by email to this address will be considered.