The Wixamtree Trust is a general grant-making Trust that focuses most of its support on organisations (including schools) and projects based or operating in Bedfordshire. The Trust also supports a small number of national charities with whom the main benefactor had been associated with during his life.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are usually awarded. Only a small number of donations are made outside this range and it is rare for the Trustees to approve a grant amounting to more than 10% of the annual running costs of an organisation or of any particular project or service for which the funds are being sought.
Awards are usually single grants, rather than multiple payments and they do not give more than one grant to an organisation in a twelve-month period. Further applications may be made on the anniversary of an award.
Applicant organisations must either be:
- Based or operating within the county of Bedfordshire or
- A registered charity or considered to be charitable in nature by the Inland Revenue.
Examples of Projects funded include:
- Crescent Summer School Project – Project to empower young people.
- Goldington Academy PTA - New Minibus Appeal
- Child Brain Injury Trust – Support towards co-ordinator’s salary
- Leedon Lower School PTA - Leedon Log Library/Multi-use Family Learning Centre Project
The Trustees meet four times each year, usually in January, April, July and November to consider funding requests.
The deadline to apply for the next meeting of the Trustees is the 11th March 2020.