The Community Safety Development Fund for 2019/20 offered by the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex aims to ensure that safe and secure communities are the bedrock on which success and well-being for all are built. The Fund offers grants of up to £20,000 from a total pot of £300,000 to community projects that help to prevent and tackle crime and anti-social behaviour in Essex. All projects supported will meet one or more of the Police and Crime Plan priorities which are:
- More local, visible and accessible policing
- Crack down on anti-social behaviour
- Breaking the cycle of domestic abuse
- Reverse the trend in serious violence
- Tackle gangs and organised crime
- Protecting children and vulnerable people
- Improve safety on our roads
There is no match funding requirement, however, evidence of match-funding is likely to improve the likelihood of the bid being recommended as this demonstrates support for the project and improves value for money for the PFCC’s investment.
Grants can be awarded for continuation funding however, applicants need to clearly demonstrate that previous funding opportunities delivered against the Police and Crime Plan Priorities and demonstrate how further funding will develop the project further.
The next and final closing date for applications is the 31st January 2020.
Previous projects funded include:
- Essex Boys and Girls Clubs provide safe environments for young people to gather, away from threats of drugs, alcohol and crime.
- Street Pastors - an inter-denominational Church engaging with people on the streets to care, listen and help.