UK businesses and researchers can apply for a share of up to £3 million to support projects to develop important technology components that improve the efficiency of local energy systems. The funding is available through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund’s Prospering from the Energy Revolution Challenge.
The competition aims to fund projects that investigate innovative components that would improve the efficiency of local energy systems.
Areas supported could include:
- applications for monitoring gas and electricity hardware and software
- improving integration between local and national electricity networks and markets
- optimisation of generation in real time across many sites, operators and aggregators
- improving efficiency of heat networks
- heating and cold storage, especially inter-seasonal
- optimising the coupling of electricity, heat and transport
Funding is available for feasibility studies and for larger research and development projects.
The deadline for applications is at midday on 9 October 2019.