The Warm Homes Fund has re-opened for applications. The Warm Homes Fund is a £150 million grant scheme funded by the National Grid and administered by Affordable Warmth Solutions (AWS). The fund aims to help make households warmer, healthier and cheaper to heat. The Fund provides capital funding for the installation of affordable heating solutions in fuel poor households who do not use mains gas as their primary heating fuel. This can include:
- Condensing Gas
- Oil and LPG boilers
- Air and Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Bio Mass Boilers; etc.
This funding round is open to private sector bids and is split in to three categories:
- Urban homes and communities
- Rural homes and communities
- Specific energy efficient/health related solutions (including Park Homes)
Successful proposals will highlight:
- The number of fuel poor households supported
- Strategic fit with the Governments Fuel Poverty Strategy
- Value for money
- The benefit created i.e. energy efficiency increases and bill savings
- Strength of delivery plans, project management and assurance of delivery.
The closing date for applicatiions is the 24th January 2020.