A new funding programme has been launched to provide UK teachers with the opportunity to visit a German school and gain insights into the German education system.
The UK-German Connection Professional Enrichment Programme offers grants of up to £1,000 to cover the costs of a one- or two-week visit to a German school.
This programme aims:
- to enrich the school’s curriculum through international work/exchange
- facilitate professional development in an intercultural context
- to share good practice in teaching and learning
- to gain an insight into the German education system and current issues affecting German schools
- to engage in professional dialogue with international colleagues
- to bring British culture and the English language to life in a German setting
- for teachers of German: to enhance practical language skills in a professional context
The funding will cover up to 75% of total eligible costs including travel, accommodation, and subsistence.
Up to a maximum of 60% of the grant can be used for supply cover costs.
Applicants do not have to be teachers of German to apply and a matching service is offered if schools are not already in contact with a German school.
The next closing date for applications is the 1st March 2024 for teachers who would like to visit in the summer term.