A £4.5 million fund has been launched to support youth-led social action in communities across the UK.
The Young Gamechangers Fund, a partnership between the Co-op Foundation, Co-op, and the #iwill Fund, aims to support young activists, campaigners, disrupters, co-operates, and social entrepreneurs to lead social action to improve their communities.
A total of £600,000 of funding is available in this round.
Grants of up to £20,000 will be awarded to:
- individuals aged 10-25, or
- groups or organisations with an annual income of less than £250,000
The funding can be used for project or core costs.
Applications are encouraged from young gamechangers that:
- traditionally have not had access to funding, or
- have previously experienced additional barriers to funding, or
- are led by and for marginalised groups and communities
There is a two-stage application process. Applicants should complete an eligibility quiz in the first instance, with final applications submitted by the 19th December 2023.
There will be a webinar about the fund on Thursday 30 November from 6pm – 7pm. This is a chance for potential applicants to meet the programme team and find out more about the fund.
A recording of the webinar will be available from the 4th December for those who are unable to attend.